Contributors

8.6.08

In Indy

Well, my friend Terry gave me a hard time in the comments to my last post about liking cicadas more than the SBC annual meeting. Let's must pray that four days from now I won't be calling this meeting "bumbly" or "cacophonous..."

My family and I just arrived in Indianapolis. Our youngest, Daniel, was worried about what he called "the great flood." No problems on our trip, though.

This will be my first time to the SBC that I'm not a messenger. Because of our move, we're not hooked up with a church yet. I'll be working the SBTS booth and trying to spread the word about Southern's DMin and the new Dehoney Center for Urban Ministry Training. If you're not familiar with one or both of those, they're worth checking out.

If I run into anything worth commenting on, I'll be sure to do so. At this point, I'm looking forward to seeing some old friends, the NAMB and IMB reports, and the SBTS luncheon.

I'm hoping to run into Jerry Rankin so I can tell him thanks.

My boys are upset because they're actually going to see the RCA Dome, but Peyton won't be there.

No comments: