Contributors

7.4.08

A change in direction

Well, this is old news to both of you who read this blog, but there has been a change in direction for the Walters family. You may have noticed that our main prayer focus lately has been "what's next for the Walters." Here's what's next.

About a month ago, I took the position of Associate Director of Professional Doctoral Studies at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. It's a long title to say that I'll be working with Southern's Doctor of Ministry program -- a doctoral degree for practitioners. I'm pretty fired up about it. This change will allow me to work with pastors and ministers from around the US, with some top notch faculty like Dr. Chuck Lawless, and the opportunity to work harder on my own degree. On that last issue, I'll be able to change my Ph.D. major to missiology, which is another positive.

Leaving IMB has been extremely difficult. We've asked ourselves hundreds of times about what this means for our calling to church planting and missions. I'm not sure I have that completely figured out yet, but I am convinced this is God's plan for this page of our lives.

This also means something of a change of direction for this blog (OK, OK, I know -- I never post much anyway). I'll be posting more on missions, ecclesiology, church planting, and other issues I'm dealing with.

I appreciate your praying and your comments. Until then...

3 comments:

Pecheur said...

I am proud to count myself in your blog readership!

Thanks for the further explanation of what you do.

Jeff Whitfield said...

God's blessings on this next phase of you rlife and ministry, Jeff.

Anonymous said...

Well, is it Rev Walters? Mr. Walters? or Dr. Walters?

We love ya, either way!!!! GLad to know you'll be hanging around the south - even if it is KENTUCKY!!!

Barbara & the Powers bunch!