Contributors

11.3.07

The Praise on our Lips

My Jesus, My Savior,
Lord, there is none like You...

It seems like years ago (in fact, it has been almost ten). We were at Ridgecrest Conference Center, worshiping alongside others who had taken part in a week of conferences and studies during the Jericho missions week. The invitation had begun...

All of my days, I want to praise,
the wonders of Your mighty love...

I will never forget how it felt to stand with Randy Sprinkle, then director of prayer ministries for our organization, who had just prayed with and for us. All around us were people who had given their lives to spread the gospel to the nations. Their hands and their eyes and their voices were raised toward the Father. I thought I would never again hear anything so beautiful.

My comfort, my shelter,
Tower of refuge and strength...


A few years later, I was standing with our church's choir during the closing worship service of our missions emphasis week. We had just sung the same song, this time with lyrics in the languages where our church had worked. I thought I would never again hear anything so beautiful.

Let every breath, all that I am,
Never cease to worship You.


This morning, we were at a church in Paris, worshiping the Father. We sang. I'm not sure I'll ever hear anything more beautiful...

O Jésus, mon Sauveur,
Seigneur, nul n'est comme toi.
Jour après jour, je louerai,
car ton amour est merveilleux...



Through him then let us continually offer up
a sacrifice of praise to God,
that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.
Hebrews 13:15

No comments: